The days grow shorter and the weather gets colder, so it's no surprise that shoppers are starting to get into the Christmas spirit. But what about those of us who need to make a living instead? This blog post is for you! You might be wondering how peak sales seasons can help your Amazon business. Well, we're here to tell you all about it:
1) Increased traffic = increased conversions - Whether it's Black Friday, Cyber Monday or any holiday, people are crowding Amazon to take part in some of the best deals. According to a report released by Amazon, they sold $10.4 billion worth of goods on Prime Day 2020. So as a seller, these are boom or bust days for your business.
2) More purchasing options - On holidays like Christmas or Black Friday people want things they can't find locally due to the increased traffic in stores. With the pandemic still ongoing we may see a decrease in the amount of people that are going to these stores and an increased online presence which gives you more opportunities to sell them something from your stock.
3) Lower Prices - If you have items that don't sell well on their own try offering things in bundles, offer an additional discount on top of Amazon's site-wide discounts or free shipping on your orders. This is your time to clear out old inventory.
4) More Reviews - as more people flood to your page on these days and your sales increase, so will the number of reviews on your products. More reviews = More Sales.
How do you prepare for a day like this? 2 things that will help you be ready:
- Inventory - Manage your inventory correctly beforehand. On a day that your sales will increase make sure that you've ordered more than usual beforehand. If this isn't your first rodeo and you've gone through these peak days as a seller before then look at your data from past peak days and try to match your numbers from those days in terms of how much inventory you'll need.
- Advertise - use your social media accounts and promote yourself! Yes, Amazon will be flooded with millions of buyers but the competition will be stiff. So don't shortchange yourself and promote your business and what deals you'll be offering.
- Gameplan - Set up a gameplan for yourself. Take a look at what other sellers have been doing to increase their sales on these days and try to see if you can implement any of their methods to boost your business.
Now, while it does mean that there will be a lot of people looking to buy and take advantage of deals, It doesn't mean they'll turn a blind eye to sellers with little sales or reviews. So that's one thing to take into account, many of these will be informed buyers and these are the ones you want to attract because these are typically the ones to leave reviews. One way to help your business stand out with an increase in sales and reviews is to use apps like Alpha Raven which can help you generate tons of verified reviews and increase your daily sales with their product blasts. You can learn more about how they can help here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed1qg5yUZPE&t=18s